Home Safety & Fall Prevention Checklist
by Serah M-Gallo on Feb 25, 2022
Safety in the Home Checklist: For Elderly and Disabled Caregivers
Ensuring that your loved ones are safe at home is a top priority in your life. However, it can feel overwhelming to try to make sure every inch of their homes is optimized to keep them safe.
We’ve designed a safety in the home checklist with print-friendly formats that will work for anyone looking for a solution to in-home safety. This is a great aid to use as an elderly fall prevention checklist, or for anyone who needs to improve the safety of their home. Completing the steps of this safety checklist can help prevent falls, fires, and other hazards.
• Floors are not treated with a high-gloss protectant
• There is adequate lighting for food-safe preparation
• Clearly label oven controls and ensure they work correctly
• Pilot light is in working order with an automatic cut-off on gas ranges
• Essentials are in reaching distance and step stools aren’t used
• Potholders are kept within arm’s reach of the oven
• Have a fire extinguisher easily available
Hallways & Stairs
• Stairs have adequate lighting
• Install non-skid strips on uncarpeted stairs
• Carpeted stairs are free of rips and snags
• Install secure safety rails and ramps
• Light switches at the top and bottom of stairs
• Cords and wires are out of the way
• Repair any cracks or problems with stairs
• Doors do not open over the stairs
• Use nightlights to keep hallways lit
Learn more about how you can MOBI’s home and health monitoring solutions make life easier. These solutions include sensors, camera monitoring, fall detection alert systems, and more. All MOBI products can be integrated through the MOBI smart app and grow with your family.
Reach out to us today on Facebook or email us at email@example.com. We are happy to answer any questions you have on how home and health monitoring can assist you in your day to day life.